Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Snowbird Outing


I love this picture!

8-22-08
We spent the afternoon at snowbird. My neighbor works for a company where she has to plan all of the conference and the meetings, they use snowbird all the time. So every year they have an appreciation night for the planners. She was nice enough to invite us to go with her.
When we got there we went on the Alpine slide that was alot of fun, Matt was able to go by himself and I took Mason with me. Rick and Marcus went together. Then the kids climbed around on the jumpys. Matt and Marcus were able to do the rock wall. Marcus got up far. Then it was time for dinner. They had bratwurst, Roldan, German vegetable soup, steamed vegetables, and a really good apple strudel. We were so full we had to rest a while before going on any more rides. There was a mechanical bull and Matt was dying to go on it. He did really good, stayed on for almost a minute. Rick also decided to go on it!!! I took a video of him with his cell phone, and it is absolutely the funniest thing I have ever seen in my entire life, but he wont let me have it so I can post it on here. I have to keep asking and maybe he will give in (he, he). The night was winding down and we decided to go on the tram. WOW it was so beautiful at the top of the mountain. We were up 11,000 feet. You could see the Heber valley on one side and the Salt Lake on the other. We took lots of pictures and had a blast together as a family. One last thing, it was all free!!
This is at the top of the tram.



Marcus on the Alpine slide

Marcus and Mason being silly

"Don't you love what I have done with my hair?"

Matthew on the rock wall

Marcus getting a little extra help from the pretty lady.

6 comments:

~Jordyn said...

Oh my goodness, I love rock climbing! It looks like you guys had a blast. Family trips are the best!

Unknown said...

I have always wanted to go on the tram. Sounds fabulous.

stephschmidt said...

What a fun get-away! That first picture of you guys is gorgeous! Glad you had such a good time!

Tooele Brezoff said...

What a fun day! The photos of the boys made me laugh, very cute!

Kellye said...

Love the beer pics! Totally hilarious! Thanks for a chuckle at 3:30 in the morning! Love the pic with you and Rick!

happy mom said...

can I come next time? that sounds so great! and I want to see more pictures, like that view!