Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Matthew


It is so hard to believe that 12 years ago today I had my first child!!!

Matthew was due on May 31. I was in for the long haul and the Dr. said that he would start me on June 1st. We got to the hospital sometime that day and the got me all hooked up and got things started. The contractions started and I received the epidural. They broke my water around 5pm. My doctor told my family that might as well go out for the night because I was going to be there a long time! (That is something you sure don't want to hear). We labored thru the night and around 6am I was finally ready to start pushing. We tried and tried and nothing was working. Every doctor in the world (so it felt like) came in to see what was going on. My doctor told me that he would not even dare try the forceps for fear that it would hurt the baby. They decided to do a c-section. That was so very scary to me, I had no idea what was going to happen. Matthew was born almost 24 hours after we got started. He weighted 8lbs. 9 0z. He was such a cute little baby. I remember one of the first nights being home, he slept the entire night.

Matthew is growing into a very handsome young man. He is at the age where we are more friends than parent-child. He is a very good helper with his little brothers. He loves to learn new things. He wants to learn to cook and to bake. He is very much into baseball and skateboarding. I am so very proud of him for making the choice to receive the priesthood. I am very thankful to be his mother. I love you Matt!! Happy Birthday son!!!

1 comment:

Tooele Brezoff said...

Happy Birthday Matt!!!