Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Goals for the next year

Well I think I am going to start a new thing, and every year on my birthday set new goals for the next year. A few things I really want to do is change my weight. I went shopping last night to spend my birthday money, and it was really sad I had to go up two sizes!!!! Now dont get me wrong, I am not unhappy with who I am, I just want to slim down. I went to bed last night with the idea of getting up and walking before Rick went to work, but it didnt happen. I did walk the kids to school, but I need to do more. I just have to find a way to motivate myself?? Any ideas?

A few other things, I want to get better at studing the scriptures. I want to learn more of the stories about the people. I want to work on my food storage. I want to work on my 72 Hours kits. I guess I have a few things to do.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Those are good goals. I make goals every year and I have a hard time. Good luck. Happy Birthday to you!

S and M said...

A good way to study the scriptures is to teach a gospel doctrine class......... :) (whether is be the youth or adults). I teach the youth, and it has helped me to learn more stories and what has happened. I can actually picture the timeline and what is actually happening.
I sometimes use the BOM seminary manual to help prepare my lessons. I actually bought a CD from the distribution center for like $3.50 and it has all the manuals for the OT, NT, POGP, and BOM and other manuals too. So there's an idea. (sorry this is so long) Also, because I do have to teach Sunday's, it helps to have a deadline so I re-read and re-read so I really understand what is happeneing.

Tooele Brezoff said...

They have water aerobics at the pratt. I have gone before and enjoyed it. I need to go again SOON!! hint hint.

happy mom said...

Here you are, in blogger world! yeah!

okay well, I am blessed with a high metabolism but I still wish that I were healthier, there is nothing wrong with being happy with who you are but wanting to just be better, but boy it is hard and doing it alone I think is harder. so here are some ideas, you can't do it alone, I love walking but I can't get my butt up before my husband leaves for work either. I also have the pallates (I don't think I spelled that right) DVD, but I don't do them, so we can have the kids play and we can do pallates or something else together if you want, but no offense if you don't. I know I would feel so much better if I did some excersize, but I need motivation too.

I need help with the scriptures too, but reading the work and the glory has been helping me get excited about D&C there are lots of other dramatazations out there like in bible times and things that are written by lds others right? I bet that would help.

So when is/was your birthday? Hope it was/is a good one!