Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fire!!!!

WOW, I have been trying to fall asleep, but it is not happening!!!
Today was a normal day for the most part. Spent the day at my mother-in-laws house and helped with a few things. She came over this afternoon and we were going to crochet, but she was pretty tired and decided to go home. It was about 6pm and I decided to go to Walmart to pick up a few scans of yarn to start on a new baby blanket for a dear friend. We came home had some dinner and went downstairs to watch a movie. Mason had fallen asleep, but of course Marcus was still awake. It was almost 10 and the phone rang. I thought it was Rick calling to say he was going to bed for the night. It was Lori and she said "go outside, go out your back door and see Heather. I could not imagine what was going on. There were a few people out on the back lawn. Then they said " Your car is on fire!!!!" I was like WHAT my car is on fire???? It was engulfed in flames atleast 6 feet in the air. Total panic!!!! How does a car just start on fire???? I call Rick totally paniced Marcus came out with me but Mason is still in the house. I ran back inside and got him outside and took him to the Kirby's. Thank you for that!!!!! The fire truck seemed to take forever to get here!!! I tried to call my mother-in-law and I cant get the call to go thru!! I kept saying where is the fire department!!!!! The windows start popping out, the tires start to pop, and I just kept thinking that the gas tank was going to explode!!! Finally the fire trucks show up. They hurry and put the fire out. My neighbors car was parked next to us and the doors and back bumper started to melt. Thank heavens it didn't blow up. By this time all the neighbors are outside to see what was going on. I am so very grateful and feel so very blessed that we are all OK. I want to tell everyone a BIG THANK YOU for your support. Like my mother-in-law said "You can always replace a car, but you cant replace your family." I have taken a few pictures, but going to take so many more tomorrow when we can see. Hopefully I can fall asleep soon.






This is the backseat where there was two car seats.



This is my neighbors car :(

I will add more pictures tomorrow. WOW so so very crazy!!!!

8 comments:

S and M said...

Do they know how the fire started? I am so glad that everyone is okay. So sad that you don't have a car!!! :(

Tooele Brezoff said...

You are in our prayers! We love you!

Just Us said...

I'm so sorry that this has happened! One of the Kirby kids told me today at Primary, and I was kind of confused if she was telling me something she saw on t.v. or something real. I'm just glad that you were all okay, that's really scary.

Brandi said...

i feel so bad, but you are truly blessed that you weren't driving or no one was in the car. Let me know if you need anything.

Jeff and Melanie said...

That is so Insane! What a true blessing you weren't driving it! I am sorry, hopefully you'll get a new one! (like you wanted.) I am so glad no one was hurt!

Unknown said...

:( :( :(

brandy tauai said...

teresa...i am so sorry about your car. i know that sounds like a dumb thing to say but so very glad you are all okay. i am thinking about you and hope you will let me know if i can help you in any way.
luv ya XOXOXO

Tooele Brezoff said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Fn3-tFp8A